There’s been quite a lot on twitter recently about social media ‘gurus’ and ‘experts’ as demostrated by this cartoon from Hubspot.
To be honest, I’m surprised it’s taken so long for the backlash. Taking a leaf from Jon Silk‘s book, I’ve deceided to put together a list of my own on how not to be a social media tool.
1) Don’t call yourself a guru
2) Have an understanding of what makes a business work (ie turnover, P/L, share price, competitors etc)
3) Be active and transparent on social networks
4) Acknowledge your mistakes and faults (ie don’t bullshit a bullshitter)
5) Love the tech but understand there is a time and place for it